Resume Book - Spring 2017
All resumes are due by January 31 at 5 P.M.!
What is the Resume Book?
The Resume Book contains resumes of Accounting Club members and is given to all firms who attend the Spring Firm Showcase and who actively recruit from Texas State University. It is an excellent way to ensure a firm has a copy of your resume and knows about your accomplishments. Before submitting your resume to be included in the Resume Book, please make sure it is in perfect form! Besides getting your family and friends to proofread and offer suggestions, you can get help with your resume from your professors, the Accounting Club faculty advisors, as well as Texas State's Career Services. Bruce Howard (email@example.com), the Career Services liaison to McCoy college is always willing to help you in perfecting your resume!
What are the requirements to join the Resume Book?
- Pay your membership dues ($20) for the current semester. Due to the short time period between the start of school and the Spring Firm Showcase, we would like to include as many resumes as possible. If you plan on becoming a member, you may include your resume in the Resume Book.
- Download and fill out the resume template found below, saving it as a PDF. For help on how to save a document as a PDF see below.
- Add yourself to the Acct Club Resume Book TRACS site and submit your resume by the deadline: January 31 at 5 P.M.
How do I join the Acct Club Resume Book TRACS site?
- Login to TRACS.
- Make sure you are under the tab "My Workspace."
- On the left side of the page, select "Membership" in the menu column. It is right above the "Help" link.
- All of your current sites will now be listed. Click the "Joinable Sites" button.
- In the Search bar on the right side of the page, type in "Acct Club Resume Book" and click Search.
- Click the "Join" option for the site titled "Acct Club Resume Book."
- You should now see the TRACS site called "Acct Club Resume Book" either alongside your current site tabs or under the "More Sites" tab.
How do I submit my resume?
- First, make sure you have joined the TRACS site titled "Acct Club Resume Book" and you have saved your resume as a ONE page PDF with the title of Last Name, First Name. Example: Doe, John (If your resume is more than 1 page, anything past the first page will be cut off!)
- In the resume TRACS site, go to the Assignments tab.
- Select the appropriate assignment.
- Attach your resume in PDF format and then submit!
The resume template was updated last semester so please be sure to use the updated version! Save as a PDF with your Last Name, First Name as the title (ex: Doe, Jane) otherwise your resume will not be accepted.